Monday, June 14, 2010

Surviving Senior Year

This year was a milestone for the" Dillard" family; my daughter graduated from high school!!! Senior year was everything I expected it would be(hectic)!!!

During "senior" open house when the counselor asked how many parents are experiencing senior year for the first time. Then commented," Oh what fun you're going to have". I knew then that she was not telling the truth.

Between the college campus visits, Fees for: graduation announcements, cap & gown, college applications (notice the "s" for pluralization), prom, project prom, SAT & ACT test; more college visits, applying for scholarships (notice the "s" again), keeping your kid mentally intact because of all the projects (especially if they're in AP classes) and finally filling out the FAFSA and forbid your child has applied to a school that required the CSS form. This was not fun!

But now that all of this is behind us and the graduation celebration is over I'm needing serious R and R which won't happen for a while because now we have to get ready for college send off.

In the long run, if I had to do it again I wouldn't change anything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment